The ACTCOSS Board is our board of governance. It provides financial and legal oversight and the strategic direction for the organisation. Its members are elected from ACTCOSS members for a 3 year term at the AGM in November each year.
- Chair: Frances Crimmins, YWCA Canberra
- Vice Chair: Andrew Rowe, Havelock Housing Association
- Treasurer: Bruce Papps, Northside Community Service
- Alicia Flack-Konè, ACT Down Syndrome Association
- Andrew Scotford, CIT Student Association
- Beth Slatyer, Associate Member
- Cathi Moore, Parentline ACT and Associate Member
- Darlene Cox, Health Care Consumers' Association
- Dorji Tshering, Associate Member
- Elizabeth Samra, Associate Member
- Lee Maiden, [email protected]
- Sarah Murdoch, Anglicare NSW South | NSW West | ACT
Contact the Board
You may like to contact board directors with your thoughts about ACTCOSS, its direction and performance.
Please contact us and we will put you in touch.
Becoming a Board Director
Each year a number of Board positions become available. The existing Board looks at the current skill sets and lived experience in our Board, and identifies where there may be gaps. ACTCOSS then calls for nominations from our membership, encouraging candidates with skill sets and experience which would help round out the Board.
To nominate for the ACTCOSS Board you must:
- Be a member of ACTCOSS – either an Associate Member or an appointed Delegate of a Community Organisation Member (Affiliate Members are not eligible)
- Have paid your membership fees
- Complete and return your nomination form by the closing date.
If we receive more nominations than there are positions available, the members present at our AGM vote. The nominees with the most votes are elected to the Board for a 3 year term (or 1 year for casual vacancies that have arisen).
Keep an eye out for the call for nominations prior to the November AGM.
You can find out more about our Board responsibilities and the election rules in the ACTCOSS Constitution and Annexures (see Governing Documents).