Since 2006, the ACT Council of Social Service (ACTCOSS) has coordinated the Canberra & District Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Community Sector Worker of the Year Award (please see the bottom of the page for nomination form).
This award recognises Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander volunteers and workers at the forefront of the community sector’s vital work. The award will be presented to the recipient at the ACT NAIDOC Ball, held in the National Arboretum on 2 July 2022.
- Nominees must be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent.
- Nominees must volunteer or be employed in the ACT & region, in the community sector or within a non-government agency that works with the local community.
Please include as much information and detail to demonstrate:
- How the nominee is providing links between their organisation(s) and their Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander communities.
- How they have supported Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander communities through their work.
- Any achievements such as further education, training, and leadership. (optional)
- Any information on maintaining connections with their community and culture. (optional)
Please email your completed nomination form to [email protected] by Friday 10 June 2022.
If you require further information, please call ACTCOSS on 02 6202 7200.