Does your organisation support culturally and linguistically diverse communities and service users? Or do you know someone from a CALD community who may need some help during COVID-19?
If so, please share the information below. Let's reach as many people as we can.
The services below help all people, including temporary visa holders.
Ways you can share:
- Email the information to your networks
- Share the attached Facebook tiles on your Facebook page or group (they upload just like a photo):
- Copy / paste the information to your messaging apps (e.g. WhatsApp)
- Print and share the attached flyers:
Free food and hygiene products
The Canberra Relief Network gives free boxes of food and hygiene products to Canberrans in need during COVID-19.
To get a box:
- Call 1800 431 133 on Monday to Friday, 9:30am to 2:30pm.
- Choose the type of box you need.
- They will tell you where to collect your box/es.
This is a confidential service for people who need it.
Help for temporary visa holders
The Red Cross is giving one-off payments to temporary visa holders in need during COVID-19.
These payments can help with food, medicine and housing.
For more information please contact the Red Cross:
Phone: (02) 6234 7695
Email: [email protected]
Attention International Students: You must contact your institution first. If your institution cannot help you, they will refer you to Red Cross.
COVID-19 legal help
Canberra Community Law can help you find legal information and support during COVID-19.
The new Canberra COVID Legal Help website has information on housing, Centrelink, criminal law, going to court, family law and employment in relation to COVID-19.
The website also has videos, fact sheets, frequently asked questions and links to legal services.
You can also call (02) 6218 7900.