NOMINATIONS NOW EXTENDED TO 31 MAY 2019
Since 2006, the ACT Council of Social Service (ACTCOSS) has coordinated the Canberra & District Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Community Sector Worker of the Year Award for NAIDOC Week. This award recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander volunteers and workers at the forefront of the community sector. The award will be presented to the recipient at the ACT NAIDOC Ball, held at the Canberra Arboretum on 29 June 2019.
- Nominees must be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent.
- Nominees must volunteer or be employed in the ACT & region, in the community sector or within a non-government agency that works with the local community.
Please include as much information and detail to demonstrate:
- How the nominee is providing links between their organisations and their Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander communities.
- How they have supported Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities through their work.
- Any achievements such as further education, training, and leadership. (optional)
- Any information on maintaining connections with their community and culture. (optional)
Nominations must be received at ACTCOSS by Friday 31 May 2019 (extended from 17 May).
Please email your nomination to [email protected]. If you require further information, please call ACTCOSS on 02 6202 7200.
2019 NAIDOC Week: 7-14 July
NAIDOC Week celebrations are an opportunity for all Australians to come together to celebrate the history, culture and achievements of Aboriginal and Torres Strait peoples.
The 2019 NAIDOC Week theme is 'VOICE. TREATY. TRUTH.' This theme acknowledges that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples have always wanted an enhanced role in decision making in Australian democracy.
For more information visit the NAIDOC website: www.naidoc.org.au