Since 2006, the ACT Council of Social Service (ACTCOSS) has coordinated the Canberra & District Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Community Sector Worker of the Year Award for NAIDOC Week. This award recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander volunteers and workers at the forefront of the community sector. The award will be presented to the recipient at the ACT NAIDOC Ball, held in the Corinna Room, Southern Cross Woden on Saturday 7 July 2018.
- Nominees must be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent.
- Nominees must volunteer or be employed in the ACT & region, in the community sector or within a non-government agency that works with the local community.
Please include as much information and detail to demonstrate:
- How the nominee is providing links between their organisations and their Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander communities.
- How they have supported Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities through their work.
- Any achievements such as further education, training, and leadership. (optional)
- Any information on maintaining connections with their community and culture. (optional)
Nominations must be received at ACTCOSS by Friday 15 June 2018.
Please email your nomination to [email protected]. If you require further information, please call ACTCOSS on 02 6202 7200.
2018 NAIDOC Week: 8-15 July
2018 NAIDOC Week celebrations are an opportunity for all Australians to come together to celebrate the history, culture and achievements of Aboriginal and Torres Strait people.
The 2018 NAIDOC Week theme ‘Because of her, we can!’ will celebrate the invaluable contributions that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women have made and continue to make – to our communities, our families, our rich history and to our nation. As pillars of our society, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women have played – and continue to play - active and significant roles at the community, local, state and national levels.
For more information visit the NAIDOC website: www.naidoc.org.au