Every two years we celebrate the local community sector with the ACT Community Sector Awards. These awards acknowledge the outstanding work done in the community sector by organisations and committed individuals.
If you know of a community sector organisation or individual who you’d like to recognise and celebrate, fill out a nomination form and send it to ACTCOSS by Friday 8 July 2016.
- RSM Partnership Award: This award recognises a partnership between a minimum of two organisations or individuals which has produced an important outcome for Canberrans experiencing disadvantage.
- Little Feet, Big Footprint Award: This award recognises a small organisation which is making a big impact in the community.
- Yellow Edge Health & Wellbeing in the Workplace Award: This award recognises an organisation which has introduced a change aimed at improving the health of the workforce. This might be a physical activity, the sharing of stories, making time for laughter, actively encouraging work-life balance, or any activity aimed at supporting the physical, mental or emotional health of the work team.
- Strengths-Based Award: This award recognises an organisation, team, individual, campaign, or self-advocate who has used a strengths-based approach in their practice or advocacy. They have focused on resilience and resourcefulness to bring about positive outcomes based on self-determination and strength.
- CIT Human Rights Award: This award recognises an organisation or individual who has walked the walk and talked the talk on human rights. They have challenged societal norms, pushing the boundaries to uphold and expand the vision of human dignity, rights and freedoms to which all people are entitled.
- ACT Community Love Your Work: Do you know another organisation, team or individual in the ACT community sector who you would like to recognise and celebrate? Let them know you love their work by nominating them for this award. All nominee names will be acknowledged and listed at the awards night. In a spirit of collaboration and sharing, all nominations need to be from outside your organisation.
The ACT Community Sector Awards will be announced at the free Awards Night held on 4 August during the 2016 ACTCOSS conference ACT 2020: Citizen Voice, Community Vision.
Download: Nomination Form (doc)
Nominations close: Friday 8 July 2016
Awards and Networking Event - 4 Aug
On the first evening of the conference we are holding the 2016 ACT Community Sector Awards and Networking Event.
Please join us at this free event to celebrate the award winners, enjoy the entertainment and share some canapes and drinks together.
When: Thursday 4 August 2016, 5pm - 7pm
Where: Rydges Capital Hill, Cnr Canberra Ave & National Circuit, Forrest, ACT, 2603