Justice Connect NFP Law Training on Managing Disputes and Social Media - 25% Off!
ACTCOSS is proud to present the following two workshops by Justice Connect. The NFP law service of Justice Connect - iteself a NFP organisation are delivered by qualified lawyers with specialist expertise in NFP and charity law. All lawyers have experience in delivering legal training to community organisations and many are also personally involved in the sector as volunteer board or committee members.
NFP Law training is collaborative and interactive - with the use of case studies and diagrams to explain, step by step, how the law works. All participants will also recieve a Training Workbook and a Slide Pack. The workbook includes key terms, the main learning activities, references to relevant laws, case summaries, further reading materials and helpful related resources that participants can look at on NFP Law's website.
The workshops will be broken into two parts – the morning session on Privacy Law and the afternoon session on Volunteer Law. Workbooks and resources will be provided to participants at both sessions. Participants are welcome to come to either session, or the whole day - but will need to register accordingly. Please feel free to contact ACTCOSS directly if you would prefer to be registered manually.
Wednesday 15 May 2019
9.30am – 12.30pm: Session 1: Managing Conflicts & Disputes
In this half-day session you’ll learn about:
- Understanding disputes involving members or board members of community organisations
- How to follow the dispute resolution or grievance procedure in your organisation's rules or constitution
- Options for dealing with conflict or a dispute
- When a member can be disciplined, and how to go about this
- What to do if there is a dispute within the committee of management
- Seeking assistance to deal with conflict or a dispute
- Avoiding escalation of disputes
Morning tea will be provided - and there is free parking on-site!
Wednesday 15 May 2019
2pm – 5pm: Session 2: Social Media & the Law
This half-day training will work through the key legal risks associated with use of social media by your not-for-profit community organisation, and its employees and volunteers. It will include tips on how to manage those risks, and will address:
Topics covered will include:
- Managing social media use in your NFP
- Inappropriate workplace behaviour using social media, in particular, bullying and harrassment
- The role of social media in the workplace - investigations and dismissals
- Defamation and privacy considerations
- Top tips and further resources
Afternoon team will be provided - and there is free parking on-site