Through our policy and advocacy work ACTCOSS promotes equitable social and economic policy and extends community recognition of the rights, entitlements and needs of people living with poverty and disadvantage in the ACT. In doing this work, we also advocate for of a well-resourced and sustainable community sector.
ACTCOSS both engages with government policy processes and initiates policy work in areas of emerging and identified need.
Members of the ACTCOSS policy team undertake various activities including:
- conducting research
- convening working groups and networks
- consulting with members and other interested parties
- writing submissions, letters and papers
- meeting public officials and appearing before Parliamentary committees
- coordinating campaigns and raising social justice issues in the media
ACTCOSS advocates on a wide variety of topics as guided by our Strategic Plan. Major categories are listed below.
Note: We are working on uploading our back catalogue of publications. If there's an ACTCOSS publication you'd like to access which is not currently available, please contact us.
- ACT Election
- ACT Budget
- Population Groups:
- Justice & Corrections
- Community Sector
- Federal Election