This edition of the ACTCOSS journal shares examples of good practice, tools and resources to assist in improving and developing services for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples and supporting First Nations staff in the community sector.
We hope this journal provides a useful reference to support your organisation to develop safe and inclusive services accessible to and appropriate for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- Editorial - By Dr Emma Campbell, CEO, ACTCOSS
- Tuggeranong Arts Centre – First Nations Story - By Lorena Quinlivan, Committee Member, Tuggeranong Community Arts Association
- What is “good practice” in the context of Aboriginal housing from an Aboriginal Community Housing Provider perspective? - By Thomas Slockee, Chair & Kim Sinclair, CEO, SEARMS Aboriginal Corporation (SEARMS)
- Good practice at Beryl Women Inc. - By Chelsea Malinas, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Women’s Specialist Domestic Violence Worker, Beryl Women Inc.
- Supporting culturally appropriate primary health care for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in the ACT - By Dr Naomi Houston, Indigenous Health GP Advisor and Sharon Storen Indigenous Health Officer, Capital Health Network
- Dhunlung Yarra Service
- Mulleun Mura: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Women's Access to Justice Program
- Reconciliation Peer Network
- Cultural Awareness Self-Assessment Toolkit
- Gulanga Good Practice Guides
- Do you have an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander worker or volunteer at your non-profit?
- Aboriginal Cultural Awareness Education Program – 19 March 2021
- Save the date: 13th Anniversary of the National Apology to the Stolen Generations
- ACTCOSS AGM, new Board and annual report.