Quarterly Journal - 'Update'
ACTCOSS produces a quarterly journal, Update. Each journal gives members the opportunity to discuss and promote a specific topic each season.
Update is available to over 500 subscribers through our Weekly Community Sector eNotices, plus we email the journal directly to over 200 community organisation members and associate members, and community sector officials in ACT Government directorates. We also post hard copies to politicians (ACT MLAs, Federal Ministers and Senators).
Journals are available for download below. We are happy to print and post journals to members on request.
Advertising: ACTCOSS offers paid advertising space in the journal for community service related items. Find out more about our journal advertising rates and specifications.
Note: We are in the process of uploading back issues of the journal. If there's a specific issue you're after, please contact us.
The Summer 2018-19 edition of the ACT Council of Social Service’s journal Update will have the theme of:
Community facilities - now and into the future
Would you like to contribute an article as a service user, a worker, a manager, an individual or as a representative of your organisation? Let us know ASAP to guarantee your spot. It's free to submit an article, or you can pay to run an ad.
Some ideas for articles:
- What facilities are available for you to get together with others in your community? Are they affordable, accessible and fit for purpose?
- Who is missing out on community facilities? Why? How can we include them?
- How can we appropriately value, prioritise and better plan for community facilities as essential community assets rather than a byproduct of changes of use?
- What infrastructure is needed to facilitate social inclusion and the development of communities? What existing facilities and infrastructure in your local area could be better utilised to support the community?
- What could modern, digitally enabled community facilities look like?
- Personal stories: What challenges have you experienced in accessing community facilities? What difference would it make if you had appropriate, accessible and affordable community facilities?
Deadline for contributions: 19 November 2018.
Word count: 200-1000 words.
Images & logos welcome: They need to be high quality (>200dpi) PNG, JPEG, EPS, PDF or PSD format.
Journal will be distributed: December 2018.
To reserve a space for your article, please contact: [email protected], ph: 02 6202 7200. Please let us know your topic, and how many words, images and logos you'd like to include and we'll set aside a spot for you in the journal layout. ACTCOSS members will have priority for inclusion in the journal.