Quarterly Journal - 'Update'
ACTCOSS produces a quarterly journal, Update. Each journal gives members the opportunity to discuss and promote a specific topic each season.
Update is available to over 500 subscribers through our Weekly Community Sector eNotices, plus we email the journal directly to over 200 community organisation members and associate members, and community sector officials in ACT Government directorates. We also post hard copies to politicians (ACT MLAs, Federal Ministers and Senators).
Journals are available for download below. We are happy to print and post journals to members on request.
Advertising: ACTCOSS offers paid advertising space in the journal for community service related items. Find out more about our journal advertising rates and specifications.
Note: We are in the process of uploading back issues of the journal. If there's a specific issue you're after, please contact us.
The Winter 2019 edition of the ACT Council of Social Service’s journal Update will have the theme of:
Cultural competency: Working together with Aboriginal &/or Torres Strait Islander peoples & communities
Would you like to contribute an article as a service user, a worker, a manager, an individual or as a representative of your organisation? Let us know ASAP to guarantee your spot. It's free to submit an article, or you can pay to run an ad.
Some ideas for articles include:
- What does 'cultural competency' mean for organisations?
- Do you have good practices around cultural competence you want to share?
- Where do you feel your organisation is improving in cultural competency?
- How does your organisation embed good practice?
- How has the employment of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander workers added value to the way your organisation works?
- How does your organisation show your staff and the people who use your services that they are culturally competent?
- Do you invest in training to improve cultural competence? What training have you found most useful?
Deadline for contributions: 13 May 2019.
Word count: 200-1000 words.
Referencing: For any data or ideas that aren't your own, please include a bibliographic reference (i.e. the source's author, title, publisher, date published, URL, date the URL was accessed).
Images & logos welcome: They need to be high quality (>200dpi) PNG, JPEG, EPS, PDF or PSD format.
Journal will be distributed: June/July 2019.
To reserve a space for your article, please contact: [email protected], ph: 02 6202 7200. Please let us know your topic, and how many words, images and logos you'd like to include and we'll set aside a spot for you in the journal layout. ACTCOSS members will have priority for inclusion in the journal.