Quarterly Journal - 'Update'
ACTCOSS produces a quarterly journal, Update. Each journal gives members the opportunity to discuss and promote a specific topic each season.
Update is available to over 500 subscribers through our Weekly Community Sector eNotices, plus we email the journal directly to over 200 community organisation members and associate members, and community sector officials in ACT Government directorates. We also post hard copies to politicians (ACT MLAs, Federal Ministers and Senators).
Journals are available for download below. We are happy to print and post journals to members on request.
Advertising: ACTCOSS offers paid advertising space in the journal for community service related items. Find out more about our journal advertising rates and specifications.
Note: We are in the process of uploading back issues of the journal. If there's a specific issue you're after, please contact us.
The Winter edition of the ACT Council of Social Service’s journal Update will have the theme of:
People with Disability: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Perspectives
Would you like to contribute an article as a service user, a worker, a manager, an individual or as a representative of your organisation? Let us know ASAP to guarantee your spot. It's free to submit an article, or you can pay to run an ad. However, for this journal edition we are providing free advertising to disability services.
Some ideas for articles include:
- Perceptions of disability within Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families and communities
- Recognising and supporting young Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander carers of a parent with disability
- Recognising and supporting older Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander carers of people with disability
- Are Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples participating in the NDIS?
- How can we make our communities more inclusive of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples with disability?
- What resources and/or support do Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples with disability, their carers and families see as missing in the ACT?
- What are the positive experiences of disability support and/or services when working with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples with disability, their carers and families in the ACT?
Deadline for contributions: 21 May 2018.
Word count: 200-1000 words.
Images & logos welcome: They need to be high quality (>200dpi) PNG, JPEG, EPS, PDF or PSD format.
Journal will be distributed: June/July 2018.
To reserve a space for your article, please contact: [email protected] , ph: 02 6202 7200. Please let us know your topic, and how many words, images and logos you'd like to include and we'll set aside a spot for you in the journal layout.