ACTCOSS has for the past few years dedicated our winter journal to a topic relevant to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander affairs. Our goals are to promote sharing of knowledge, encourage reflection on the responsibilities of people who live in Australia who do not identify and Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and facilitate professional growth of people working in the community sector.
This journal includes a rich mix of articles that we hope will provide new perspectives and strengthen mutual understanding.
- Editorial – By Susan Helyar, Executive Director, ACTCOSS
- Cultural competency at Beryl Women Inc. – By Robyn Martin, Beryl Women Inc.
- ACTCOSS journal: Winter editions
- National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Children’s Day – 4 August 2019
- Legal services: Perspectives on providing culturally competent legal assistance to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people – By Stefanie Flowers (Intern) and Leah House, Women’s Legal Centre ACT
- Family Drug Support – towards cultural competency – By Kathy Bingham, Family Drug Support
- Developing a culturally safe workplace – By Belinda Kendall, Curijo Pty Ltd
- Share Our Pride: take the journey (online resource)
- The need for a settlement between the ACT Government and the Traditional Owners of the ACT region – By Ed Wensing, National Centre for Indigenous Studies, ANU
- NAIDOC Week 2019
- Gulanga Program: Services & resources for your organisation
- ACTCOSS learning & development calendar
- ACTCOSS staff farewell.