- Leadership role with competitive salary and benefits
- Full time position (part-time hours may be available on negotiation)
- CatholicCare Canberra and Goulburn, Corporate Group
This is a unique opportunity to work with a leading, inclusive, not-for-profit non-government organisation with over 60 years experience providing a wide range of support services to those in need, to support our continuing journey to collaborate with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities in the Archdioceses of Canberra and Goulburn.
We are currently seeking an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Engagement Officer to work in collaboration with CatholicCare, stakeholders and community members to build our relationships; identify service needs and gaps; and provide advice to develop strategies to improve our cultural safety.
- Strengthen relationships and referral pathways with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander services and communities
- Identify CatholicCare services needs, gaps and barriers for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and support the Agency to develop strategies to address these needs
- Provide consultation and advice to CatholicCare staff and Management on cross cultural issues and identified needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander individuals, families and communities
- Work collaboratively with CatholicCare’s People and Culture team to develop opportunities and strategies to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment within the agency and ongoing workplace supports
- Assist the agency with the review and implementation of the CatholicCare Reconciliation Action Plan and sit as member on CatholicCare’s Cultural Committee
- Help to coordinate CatholicCare’s participation in community activities and dates of cultural significance
If you would like to work with us to make a positive difference in people’s lives - we want to hear from you!!!
What we offer
Rewarding opportunities exist for enthusiastic people seeking meaningful careers; helping people in the wider community in a diverse range of program areas.
CatholicCare's employment benefits include a generous salary packaging option, free parking, and professional development in a family friendly environment.
This position will work from our Favier House office in Braddon with outreach in the ACT and travel to regional NSW areas within the Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn.
We will ensure this position is well-supported through access to cultural supervision and support.
CatholicCare is the social services arm of the Catholic Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn. Our mission is to provide quality services to people by promoting healthy, inclusive communities through relationships, partnerships and collaboration while adhering to our values of Solidarity, Stewardship, Respect and Excellence.
The ideal person we are looking for has:
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the community sector and services
- Experience developing and reviewing organisational policy
- Ability to network and build effective partnerships and maintain strong relationships
- Interest in working both independently and as part of an organisation to help contribute to our goals
You will also be required to undergo a National Police Check.
To be considered for this role you will be also required to hold:
- a current drivers licence, and
- a Working with Vulnerable People Card
To apply you must:
- Attach an updated resume
- Provide a cover letter (1 page only) outlining your interest in the position and why your experiences and skills match what we are looking for
Please apply by sending your application to: Melissa Armstrong (Director People and Culture) – [email protected]
For more information on CatholicCare please visit:
CatholicCare has a commitment to child safeguarding and zero tolerance to child abuse. CatholicCare is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Applications are strongly encouraged from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; people with a disability; people who identify as LGBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Melissa Armstrong (Director People and Culture) – [email protected]