About the organisation:
Did you know that 1 in 5 mothers and 1 in 10 fathers/partners experience mental health issues during pregnancy and early parenthood? Perinatal Wellbeing Centre has been supporting these families in the ACT and surrounding region for over 30 years, with more than 450 benefiting from our evidence informed programs annually.
In addition to a comprehensive telephone counselling service (supplemented with email support when needed), Perinatal Wellbeing Centre offers a range of programs and workshops designed to provide mental, emotional and physical benefits to those experiencing perinatal depression, anxiety, stress and/or are finding it challenging adjusting to parenting. Clients are welcomed from pregnancy through to their youngest child turning 2.
About the Successful Candidate:
You are an energised and self-motivated individual who pays attention to detail and is keen to join our corporate services team and manage our busy, but friendly office. You have the capacity and experience to ensure the business, human resources, operational requirements and financial systems of Perinatal Wellbeing Centre are well managed and enhance the organisation’s capacity to deliver on our strategic plan.
You are approachable, friendly and enjoy working in a small team, and support our guiding values of respect, integrity, resilience, acceptance and diversity.
You will have responsibility for the day-to-day administrative operations of Perinatal Wellbeing Centre.
A part time role of 20-25 hours per week suits your needs.
Requirements of the Role:
- Demonstrated business or office management experience preferably with an understanding of the not-for-profit community sector and its compliance framework;
- Experience managing employee/s with the ability to allocate and prioritise multiple tasks;
- A proven track record in delivering and achieving organisational objectives and growth strategies;
- Experience of continuous quality improvement processes ideally within the framework of meeting national standards;
- Experience in/understanding of recruitment and management of volunteers;
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work independently or as part of a team;
- Commitment to foster a culture of continuous improvement and excellence;
- Excellent organisational skills with flexibility to prioritise a range of competing demands;
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality with knowledge of current Health Records (Privacy and Access) Act 1997 and Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), and the Australian Privacy Principles;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or equivalent experience.
- A Working with Vulnerable People registration
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace
We encourage people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTIQA+ community members and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to submit an application or contact us to find out more about opportunities to join our organisation.
Benefits of working at Perinatal Wellbeing Centre include a friendly and collaborative working environment in Weston with free parking, hybrid workplace opportunities, access to salary sacrificing arrangements and generous leave provisions.
How to apply
Please send a resume and cover letter detailing how your experience meets the requirements of the role and submit your application via email to Yvonne Luxford [email protected] by COB Tuesday 11th April.
The Position Description can be found at www.perinatalwellbeingcentre.org.au/jobs .
Please contact Yvonne Luxford [email protected] for further information.