Do you have a background in education or training, health promotion or community development?
Do you have experience working with people from diverse backgrounds?
Do you want to help us eliminate viral hepatitis by 2030?
About the position
Hepatitis ACT is looking for a part-time (20 hours per week) Hepatitis B Community Educator to join our team. The Hepatitis B Community Educator delivers a program of hepatitis B information, education and health promotion to priority populations with a focus on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from high prevalence culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities.
Utilising relevant community networks the role is responsible for developing and delivering effective information and education programs in a variety of languages to address the incidence and impacts of hepatitis B in affected communities. The role utilises creative flair and innovate engagement approaches to reach these diverse audiences.
A detailed position description and information on how to apply can be found here: https://bit.ly/3zTdrYW
About Hepatitis ACT
Hepatitis ACT is a community-based hepatitis organisation funded by ACT Health. We work to prevent viral hepatitis transmission, reduce morbidity and mortality, and minimise the related personal and social impacts. We provide:
- targeted education activities and resources (including in languages other than English) for priority populations
- a program of broader community awareness, health promotion, and representation to help raise the profile of viral hepatitis commensurate with its prevalence, incidence, and burdens
- advocacy, support, and referral
- training and development for organisations and workers providing support and care for priority populations
- secondary needle and syringe program (prevention) services.
Closing date: Applications close 5pm Tuesday 27 July. Interviews for short-listed candidates may commence prior to applications closing.
Joshua Anlezark email: [email protected] phone: (02) 6230 6344