Position: Finance Officer/bookkeeper.
Level: ACT Community Sector MEA – Level 5-6 (depending on quals and experience)
Hours: 15.2 hours per week
Accountability: This position is accountable to the AFI Office and Communications Manager.
Advocacy for Inclusion is looking for an experienced Finance Officer/ Bookkeeper to join our growing team
Advocacy for Inclusion (AFI) is a registered charity which provides a range of advocacy, including national systemic advocacy, and training services. We represent Canberra’s most marginalised and isolated people with disabilities, including those persons with cognitive disabilities and significant communication barriers.
AFI works within a Human Rights framework which recognises the civil, political, economic, social, and cultural rights of people with disabilities. We support the benchmarks set out in the United Nations’ Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities. Our organisation is an entity subject to the obligation to act with human rights within the meaning of the Human Rights Act 2004.
We seek highly motivated and experienced Finance Officer/bookkeeper to join our small but rapidly growing organised based in the heart of Canberra. Excellent rates and flexible hours will be offered to the successful applicant that is looking to work in a great environment.
Please note. This position can be offered as a remote or office-based position.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Accounts receivable/payable
- Reconciliation of bank accounts
- Supplier reconciliations
- Employee Payroll
- Prepare accounts for annual financial audit
- Preparation of Financial reports – Profit & Loss, Balance Sheets, reporting monthly, quarterly & yearly
- Prepare & compile quarterly / monthly BAS, PAYG and Superannuation reporting
- Prepare financial reporting for AFI Board of Management
- Prepare annual budgets, monitor income and expenditure across funding contracts and the organisation as a whole. Liaise with Treasurer and CEO
- Prepare financial acquittals for funding contracts.
- Contribute to the review and development of financial policies and procedures.
Maintain confidentiality in relation to personnel, financial and organisational matters
- Have a minimum of 2 years bookkeeping experience
- Have previous payroll experience
- Must be fluent in MYOB Accounts
- Certificate 3 in Financial Services or higher
- Good understanding of accounting principles, general ledgers, financial reporting
- Efficient in Word & Excel
- Accurate data entry skills & process high attention to detail
Experience in the Community Not for Profit Sector desirable
- Must have great organization skills
- Have a professional attitude
- Can work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Motivated and willing to take on new challenges
- Demonstrate the willingness to learn and develop
- Must be able to follow procedures & systems
- Must be able to work unsupervised
Must be honest & trustworthy
- Be a Team Player
A current Working with Vulnerable People registration.
This role will suit a figures focused individual with high attention to detail. You will have the ability to multitask and take on more responsibility as you grow with this organisation. This is a great opportunity for an accomplished Bookkeeper.
If this sounds like a position you may be interested in, and you have experience in bookkeeping and are looking for a career with flexible, child friendly working hours, email your CV/resume to Nicolas Lawler, Chief Executive Officer, [email protected]