Competitive salary and benefits
Permanent full time position
Red Hill, ACT
Working in CatholicCare’s Youth, Mental Health, Homelessness and Family services portfolio, you will be leading the ASSIST, MINOSA House, Reconnect ACT, Reconnect Central West, Youth Housing Support Service and Youth and Family Case Management Service. If you would like to work with us to make a positive difference in people’s lives - we want to hear from you!!!
The Manager Homelessness services and Family Support is responsible for ensuring all program contractual requirements are met through the monitoring of day to day service delivery and supervision of staff in CatholicCare’s ASSIST, MINOSA House, Reconnect ACT, Reconnect Central West, Youth Housing Support Service and Youth and Family Case Management Service programs. The Manager will be expected to liaise with government, & non- government services and promote CatholicCare within the community. This position also provides assistance to senior management including report writing, networking with various stakeholders, and attending meetings as required. The manager will be required to work within a risk management & quality assurance framework and provide guidance, support and training to staff as required. Participation in an On Call roster is required.
What CatholicCare offer
Rewarding opportunities exist for enthusiastic people seeking meaningful careers; helping people in the wider community in a diverse range of program areas. CatholicCare's employment benefits include a generous salary packaging option and professional development in a family friendly environment.
CatholicCare is a large welfare agency of the Catholic Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn. Our mission is to provide quality services to people by promoting healthy, inclusive communities through relationships, partnerships and collaboration while adhering to our values of Solidarity, Stewardship, Respect and Excellence.
The ideal person we are looking for has:
- Passion and enthusiasm.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and experience in social welfare, social work, psychology or related field and at least 12 months’ experience directly managing staff and program(s).
- Knowledge and experience in change management, specifically in terms of reviewing programs and implementing new systems and processes.
- Highly developed problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated awareness of the relevant principles and practices such as EEO, WH&S, Confidentiality and Duty of Care.
- Hold a current drivers’ license, a current Working with Vulnerable People card and be willing to undergo a police check.
- Possess or be willing to obtain a current First Aid Certificate,
- Advanced computer literacy skills, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and simple databases
To apply you must:
- Complete the CatholicCare Employment Application Form
- Attach an updated resume
- Address each selection criteria in a covering letter (no more than 2 pages).
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will not be considered. Previous applicants need not apply.
Closing Date: COB 22/11/2019 * Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CatholicCare is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Applications are strongly encouraged from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; people with a disability; people who identify as LGBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.