Peer Support Worker – Oaks Estate
- Brand new opportunity to make it your own
- Utilise lived experience to engage, support and encourage development
- $39-$42 per hour + super (11%) + Highly Attractive Salary Packaging
About the Role
Our programs provide support to people in need from a variety of sectors – justice, homelessness, mental health and education. The Peer Support Worker position is a brand-new role based at Oaks Estate within the Community Inclusion Program. The aim of the program is to develop trusting relationships with companions and provide support by offering empathy, compassion, choice, and empowerment to their situation, encouraging them to find a more fulfilling sense of personal control within their recovery.
We are seeking applicants who have a desire to see people connect and develop healthy friendships and possess a passion for person centred care. The applicant will have a Certificate IV in Disability/Peer Support or Mental Health or a lived experience of mental health recovery to provide peer support. Drug and Alcohol and training in person centred, trauma informed care will be preferred.
- Fixed-term part-time until 30 June 2024 (45.6 hours per fortnight)
- Position located at Oaks Estate
- 11% Superannuation
- Salary packaging option up to $15,900 per FBT year, with an additional Meals and Entertainment package available up to $2,650 per FBT year
- Flexible work environment
- Ongoing professional development
Download the position description for further details.
To apply, please submit your covering letter outlining your suitability for the role and resume via https://applynow.net.au/jobs/ni/OS174-peer-support-worker-oaks-estate
St Vincent de Paul Society Canberra/Goulburn is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
If you would like to find out more about this key opportunity, please contact Benjamin Spurr on 0436 630 188 (only during business hours) or email [email protected]
For general information, please email our recruitment team at [email protected]