Relationships Australia is a community sector organisation with a proud and rich history. We connect with families, communities and thousands of people across the lifespan. You may know us for our family and couples counselling – we also give back to the community through our work in family violence prevention, working with people experiencing gambling harm, with families that have been touched by the sudden death of a loved one, with people who have experienced trauma and with people who are challenged by their mental health, among other things.
With us you will work with people at times of vulnerability in their lives, create a career you’ll love and join a warm and caring team who make a difference.
The Program Support Manager manages a range of established and new funding contracts, ensuring the monitoring of and reporting on contractual obligations and exploring new business opportunities according to agreed business and strategic goals of Relationships Australia Canberra & Region
Your new role
Reporting to the Director, Governance, you will:
- As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, contribute to strategic and business planning, policy development, workforce planning processes and develop and align program goals and performance outcomes;
- Provide program information to the budget development process, continually monitor the income and expenses and YTD comparisons and recommend appropriate action to Director Operations to maintain programs within budgetary parameters;
- Source relevant documents, interpret and explain contractual requirements and expected service delivery outcomes, against budgets to Directors and Practice Managers to support achievement of agreed goals and inform decision-making;
- Represent and promote Relationships Australia Canberra & Region and its policy positions at industry forums and networking events, work to influence policy directions in the community sector, contribute to government consultation meetings and processes;
What you’ll need to succeed
- An appropriate tertiary qualification in management, social science, counselling, mediation or a related area.
- Demonstrated experience in contract administration, including applying analytical skills to the compilation of reports, program budgets, performance and evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and work cooperatively with internal and external stakeholders, such as multidisciplinary teams, government, other service providers and academia.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication, and time management skills with the ability to prepare tender documents and submissions, policy positions, media releases and a range of other documentation as required by the role.
For a full list of selection criteria and duties, please refer to the position description found via www.racr.relationships.org.au/about-us/employment
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants are encouraged to apply.
This is a permanent full-time position, based in Deakin, ACT.
What you’ll get in return
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly regarded not-for-profit, community-based organisation in a position where you will have the opportunity to continue to grow and develop your career. You will receive a generous package including professional development and NFP salary packaging. In this role you will be able to make a positive difference in the lives of people in the community every day.
What you need to do now
If you are interested in the role, please submit your resume with names of two work related referees and a cover letter specifically addressing each of the selection criteria (no more than half a page response under each criterion). Applications that do not address selection criteria will not be considered during the shortlisting process.
Applications should be submitted only via the “Apply” button on our website.
Position description with selection criteria is available at www.racr.relationships.org.au/about-us/employment
For further information about the position or application process, please contact Director Governance, on 02 6229 2408 or by email [email protected]
Closing date for applications: Midnight on 5 December 2021
Director Governance, on 02 6229 2408 or by email [email protected]