Leading Social Change is a program for community sector leaders to develop their insight, foresight and strategic decision making. The links and resources in this hub aim to build the confidence and adaptive capacity of new and existing board members of community organisations.
Here you will find opportunities to develop your:
- Skills to increase governance capabilities
- Knowledge of the social ecosystem in which organisations exist and the current/emerging reform agendas influencing organisations
- Networks to promote information sharing, dialogue and relationships between community organisations and with other sectors (private, government, research, innovation).
As a new or existing board member, you will bring different backgrounds, skill sets and levels of capability. Below you can explore some Workforce Plan 2017-20 frameworks and tools, and self-select and tailor your learning and development to the areas you think are most important for your capability improvement.
Click the images below to get started.
ACT Community Services Industry Strategy 2016-26:
Workforce Plan 2017-20 Frameworks & Tools
In 2018, as part of workforce analysis and planning, the ACT Government, with endorsement from the Industry Strategy Steering Group, commissioned a project to develop a framework and tools to support emerging leaders, consistent onboarding, supervision, peer support, coaching and mentoring across the ACT community services industry.
The framework and tools are tailored to the ACT community services industry based on user feedback and research:
- Workforce Data and Community Needs Analysis
- Workforce Data and Community Needs Analysis - Attachment A (Appendix 1, 2, 3)
- Workforce Data and Community Needs Analysis - Attachment B
- Workforce Data and Community Needs Analysis - Attachment C
- Workforce Data and Community Needs Analysis - Attachment D
- Emerging Leaders' Framework
- Guide to Onboarding
- Guide to Supervision
- Guide to Peer Support Coaching & Mentoring
- Supplementary Guide to Probation
- Supplementary Guide to Performance Appraisal